- Rice Paper 22cm 375g (approx. 40 sheets) - Chef’s Choice
- Rice Vermicelli 500g net (10 x 50g portions) - Wai Wai
- Hoisin Sauce 397g - Lee Kum Kee
- Sambal Oelek 230ml - Huy Fong
- Fish Sauce 725g - Squid brand
- Fried Shallots 100g- Doree
General Recipe Guide
Note this is not intended to be a specific recipe, it is just a general approach on how the products within this bundle can be used for rice paper rolls. There are many regional variations and main ingredients and techniques will differ depending on the cuisine style.
Ingredients per serve (2 rolls)
- 1 x 50g bundle vermicelli.
- 2 x rice paper sheets
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp sambal or to taste
- 2 tsp fish sauce or to taste
- 2 tbsp fried shallots
- Main proteins, vegetables and herbs of your choice depending on cuisine. Some common examples are: prawns, sliced fried tofu, carrot strips, cucumber strips, coriander, basil, mint
- First, prepare the rice vermicelli by simmering in boiling water for 1 min and drain. Set aside
- Prepare rice paper. Soak rice paper sheet in room temp. water for approx. 45 sec or until pliable. Remove from water, gently shake off excess moisture or lightly dab with kitchen towel if necessary.
- Spread hoisin sauce on rice paper down the centre with back of spoon, creating a wide line smear.
- Place vermicelli down the centre on top of the hoisin sauce but leaving around 2 cm of rice paper uncovered on either ends of the centre "line" of vermicelli.
- Add main proteins, vegetables, herbs on top of vermicelli
- Add sambal and fish sauce
- Sprinkle fried shallots.
- Keeping the short ends of the rice paper roll folded over the ingredients, fold one open side of the rice paper over and begin rolling to the other open side. Press gently and your roll should stay in tact.